_header_wmstown.jpg (17638 bytes)

Dodge County Local History Web

townmap_1878_2.jpg (29397 bytes)
 

 

 

This town is bounded on the north by Le Roy, on the south by Hubbard, on the east by Theresa, and on the west by Burnett. It is in Town 12 north, Range 16 east, and is a timber country. Its first settlers were the Fosters, Mays, Palmers and others, and its history dates back to 1845. There are two villages in the town, Mayville and Kekoskee. The Fond du Lac, Amboy & Peoria Railroad traverses the eastern part from north to south, giving the farmers,

merchants and others the conveniences incident thereto. There are subject to assessment 21, 293 acres of land, valued at $602, 915. In 1870, the population of the twon was 2,305. In 1879, we find in cultivation, of wheat, 4,726 acres; corn, 785; oats, 694; barley, 398; rye, 140; potatoes, 102; apple orchards, 169; grasses, 1,223. (History of Dodge County, Wisconsin, 1880)

 

 


History of Mayville (from History of Dodge County, Wisconsin, 1880)

Gazetteers

Mayville's Grand Army of the Republic Charles Raymond Post No. 43

Captain Ira B. Reynolds, Mayville Civil War Veteran


thm_mayville_gar_raymond.jpg (5345 bytes)
Mayville's GAR, 1900 (photo courtesy Kevin Dier-Zimmel)