[FAIRWATER CREAMERY CONSTRUCTION]
Markesan Herald, June 1, 1922
The Fairwater Creamery Company has started work on the erection of a new
creamery. The building will be 46x72 feet and will be located on the site of the old
structure, which has stood for 35 years. The old building has been razed and excavating is
now in progress.
While excavating the other day an old United States penny dated
1834 was unearthed. It was one of the large type and has no doubt been buried for many
The new creamery when completed will be one of the finest in this
section of the state. While the building is being erected the creamery has moved to the
beautiful cement block building of the Laper Electric Company, located at the mill pond
end of the village.
George Stelter is manager of the Fairwater Creamery Company, and
P. N. Korb has been the butter maker for a number of years. At present the creamery has
eight wagons in operation in the vicinity of Fairwater, in Fond du Lac and Green Lake
counties, and is making an average of 4500 pounds of butter every day. The new creamery
will have a much larger capacity. The Hutter Construction Co. has the contract for the new
building, which is to be completed by Sept. 1.