BUILDS MODERN CREAMERY BUILDING-FAIRWATER CREAMERY COMPANY
OUT-GROWS OLD QUARTERS, NOW HAS NEW HOME
Brandon Times, October 19, 1922
That the dairy cow is the best property on the farm is
again evidenced by the fact that the FairWater Creamery Company has out-grown its present
quarters. And that a new, modern, fire proof, two story structure is nearing completion,
which will replace the old one story creamery building.
Some of the local papers have therefore published an article on the new plant
giving the cost at $40,000. These figures were not given out by the Creamery Compnay and
were merely estimates by someone. As the cost of the building, when completed, will not be
more than one-half of this amount.
The Fairwater Creamery Company was organized in 1910 and capitalized at
$3,500 by its present officers: W. Abercrombie President, C. O. Tinkham Secretary, and H.
Schmuhl Treasurer. And is composed of a large number of stockholders from the surrounding
country. The Company has enjoyed a steady growth from the date of it's organization and
now has a capital of $20,000.
The new building is 50x60 feet, two story with 13 inch brick and tile wall,
with concrete ceiling. The roof is of a gravel type sloping to the center with drainage to
the sewer below. The first floor contains a milk receiving room, churning room, a large
refrigerating room with cork brick insulation, boiler room, an office and vestibule with
customer window. The second floor will be used for storage purposes and an assembly room.
The equipment consists of a milk receiving apparatus with the latest equipped
Toledo Scales, two large churns, three ripners and a York Refrigerating System. Both steam
and electricity will be used for power purpose.
The Compnay will move into its new quarters about November 1st. And invites
the public to visit and inspect the new plant, as they will be in a better position than
in the past to serve their many patrons.