LAPER TO OPEN BULK GASOLINE
STATION APRIL 15TH
Brandon Times, March 21, 1935
J. W. Laper, who will open a gasoline bulk
station here [Fairwater], announced this week that the tanks and other equipment are
expected to arrive this week. The tanks are being shipped from Milwaukee.
The station, which will include two tanks, will be located west of the old
electric plant building. One of the tanks, 30 by 10 feet, will have a capacity of 1800
gallons, and the other, 20 by 10 feet, will have a 1200 gallon capacity. Each tank will be
divided, making it possible for the station to handle two grades of gasoline, kerosene and
The gasoline will flow by gravity from the tank car to the station, and
from the station tank into the trucks. No pumps will be necessary.
Mr. Laper expects to have the plant in operation by April 15th. Plans to open
the station on the 1st of the month were abandoned, because frost in the ground will not
permit the necessary excavating.
White Rose and Royal gasoline will be handled. Both are products of the
Nations REfining Company of Cleveland, a concern thast is national in scope.