LARGE PAVILION BEING BUILT
Brandon Times, May 19, 1921
The remark was quite frequently heard before
FairWater became a Village, that there would be "something doing" after that
Village was incorporated, and if it does not begin to take on new life and become better
known throughout the entire district, it will not be the fault of one of its most
enterprising and energetic citizens, namely J. W. Laper.
The above named gentleman has a beautiful park adjoining this fair Village,
which in time if all his plans go through, bids fair to advertise the village all over
Fond du Lac and surrounding counties, besides making the place one to be much sought by
pleasure seekers and lovers of nature.
Mr. Laper at the present time is having erected in this part a large
pavillion 54x90 feet with a hardwood floor place of 34x80 feet for dancing. It probably
can also be used for basketbasll games and other entertainments, but for the present Mr.
Laper will only use it for dances.
The building is very substantially built and will be electric lighted, well
ventilated and screened and will be equipped with electric fans, check rooms, restrooms
for the ladies, refreshment stand and all the conveniences found in a place of this kind.
He also contemplates fixing up the park, making it more beautiful and
inviting to the public by putting in seats and other conveniences.
Mr. Laper expected to have the pavilion completed in time to celebrate the
opening of the same on the night of Decoration Day, May 30th, when a big dance will be
given in this new building.