Contributor: Rev. Rick Pettis
Source: Dedication of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Fair Water, Wisconsin, Sunday, June 15, 1958
Zion Lutheran Church, Old and New, 1957-58
The Fairwater congregation, having outgrown its original 80-year-old church building, undertook the construction of a new church in 1957. The original church building is shown above as it appeared in 1957, prior to demolition. The second photo pictures the steeple as it was brought down to make room for the new building. The parish hall, on the adjacent lot to the east was also demolished.
Ground breaking for the new church building in 1957. The Lenz farm can be seen in the background to the right, beyond the church woods.
The new church as it appeared in 1958 following construction on the site of the original church and the adjacent former village hall.